Need help with something? Read our step-by-step instructions below for both Mac and PC users. Please remember, all of our templates must be edited on a computer and will not work on a mobile device or tablet.
- For both Mac and PC users, start by downloading Adobe Reader for free here, www.get.adobe.com/reader. Our PDF files will only work with Adobe Reader. If you’re using a Mac make sure you don’t open them in the default program, Preview.
- After your purchase has been confirmed you will be taken to the download page. (example below) You can either click on the big blue download button or the green link to the Zip file. You can download the files 3 times, if you have run out of downloads or have lost your files please contact us.
- The PDF files are all compressed in the Zip file. You must unzip them first before editing in Adobe, if you don’t know how to unzip a file you can follow the directions for your computer below. PC instructions are below the Mac instructions.
Unzip and Open the PDF
- To decompress (unzip) a file or folder on a Mac, double-click it. See more info here.
- Once you have the Zip file open it will look like a normal folder, open the folder so you can see all the PDF files.
- To open the PDF file with Adobe Reader, right-click on the PDF file and choose Open With, then choose Adobe Reader.
Add your text and change font size
- To change the text and fill in your own text, simply click on a text field, highlight and delete the sample text and type in your own.
- Changing the font, font color or font size. Press Command and E at the same time, to open the Text Properties box. Highlight the text you want to change and use this box to change the font type, size and color. *Please note, in some of my templates the fonts, sizes and colors cannot be changed.
- To save your edits go to the top left corner of the screen and click on File. Choose Save As… so you don’t save over the original. You can choose what to rename it and where to save it to.
- If you don’t save before closing the file, you will be prompted to save the file. If you want to save your work press Save, this will save over the original. Otherwise press Don’t Save and the file will remain the same as when you downloaded it.
- To print the PDF file you can press the little printer button in the menu bar or press Command and P. Choose a high quality bright white cardstock or a semi-glossy photo paper both sized at 8.5″ by 11″ or lettersize.
- Set your page size to Actual Size to ensure it prints at the correct size. For the orientation you can keep it on Auto or choose the one for your specific needs.
- To choose your paper type and print quality click on the Printer button (say Yes to the pop up if it asks you about the dialog box). And click on the drop-down menu that says Layout, pick Quality & Media, then choose your Media/paper type, and choose High for Print Quality. Press Print. And then press Print again in the main print box and it will start printing.
You’re all done and ready to cut and trim!
- To open a zipped file on a PC, drag the .zip attachment to the desktop. Once the file is on the desktop, you can double- or right-click to open it. See more info here.
More coming soon!